If you need renters, you need to list you home on Facebook Marketplace. In the past, I had massive success listing rentals on Craigslist and sitting back as the calls rolled in. However, as Facebook Marketplace has grown, so has it’s importance as THE place to find new renters.
You can list a broad selection of housing inventory for rent on Marketplace. People can browse these listings and use filters like: Housing Type, Price Range, Bedrooms, Bathrooms, Square Footage, and Pet Friendliness to find exactly what they want. When someone finds your listing, they can message you directly to learn more and setup a time to see the rental.
Here’s how to list your housing on Facebook Marketplace:
- Tap the Marketplace icon
- Tap the What are you Listing? field and choose Housing for Sale
- Choose photos of your listing to upload and tap Next.
- Fill out the details for your listing. First, tap either For Rent. Then, tap Housing Type to make the right selection. Depending on your selection, you’ll include required details like the number of bedrooms and bathrooms and optional details like square footage and pet friendliness. Tap Next when you’re done.
- Include a location. You can add an address or ZIP code. Tap Next when you’re done.
- Set the monthly rent or sale price for you listing. Tap Next when you’re done.
- Describe your listing. Include details like utilities, parking, amenities, any deposits needed and when it’s available. Tap Next when you’re done.
- Choose where you want to post your listing, such as your profile or other buy-and-sell groups on Facebook.
- Tap Post when you’re done.
- Once your listing is posted to Marketplace, people can message you to learn more about it.
Michelle is a realtor covering the Greater Pittsburgh Area who started her career as a real estate investor and continues to maintain a portfolio of rentals and land. She has experience with zoning, long term rentals, AirBnB, single family homes, and mix-use buildings.